…Oh! I’d forgotten about that for some reason. I don’t know if it’s ever been specified as being a private school, but you’re right, your assumption makes sense since it’s a ladder school (or seems to be anyway; we have it listed as one on the DCW Wiki, but I don’t remember if anyone ever flat out says it’s one).
You’d think she would! I hadn’t thought about that before.
3) Fixed! Thanks for letting me know!
4) Glad to hear it! Thank you for reading! :D
5) Gosho Aoyama makes use of comic book time. I guess he didn’t want his characters to be stuck using technologies and whatnot strictly from the early 90s and he has stated before he “writes what (he) sees out his window”. But yeah…
I know, I know. Disappointment all around.
The anime decided to air a remastered version of Kogoro’s Class Reunion Murder Case Part 1 this week, followed by Part 2 next week.
The next new Rewatch post will be the anime original episode The Man Betrayed by the Sea on September 6!
CoAi is only one-sided and let’s face it, Shin’ichi isn’t going to have romantic feelings for anyone other than Ran. Haibara definitely likes him, but at most Shin’ichi would only ever consider her kinda like a sister. Those who argue that he protects her hence he must like her I argue that Shin’ichi tries to save everyone regardless who they are. (Even if that weren’t the case, it’d kinda suck if your one chance of getting an antidote to the poison in your body suddenly was killed, right?) I just don’t see it and I don’t know where CoAi shippers get their ideas from to the point they’re convinced CoAi will be the endgame pairing.
Long story short, I’m obviously ShinRan all the way. (To which I say, is anyone surprised?)
Interesting! Thank you for sharing! :)
Good question, but I think you answered it yourself! Beika City (米花市) seems to just be a regular city within Tokyo due to the lack of the “-ku” (区) usage.
We don’t list it as a special ward on the DCW Wiki because we haven’t seen any evidence to say it is.
1) Fixed! Thanks for pointing this out!
2) Hopefully no one does other than them. I can picture Aoyama injuring some of our protagonists (Heiji especially; he’s like an injury magnet) during the end of the series, but I should hope he doesn’t kill any of them.
3) Possible, but I think it’s more likely they encountered Sera during that trip to America they took. To quote an earlier response of mine to the question of Shin’ichi, Ran, and Sera meeting:
"If I had to guess what point the three actually met, it’s mentioned in Shin’ichi Kudo’s New York Case that Yukiko had Shin’ichi and Ran board a plane to New York very quickly after arriving in L.A. for the purpose of seeing a musical on Broadway. Shin’ichi makes a comment that they weren’t supposed to be in New York until the day afterwards, meaning they had originally planned to spent more time in L.A.
So my thought is that after the Golden Apple case, Shin’ichi and Ran returned to L.A. to spend the time they planned originally and that’s probably where they met Sera. Sera may have only played a minor role in whatever case was solved there, so it’s understandable for Shin’ichi and Ran to not remember her. I’ll be quite curious to see if my hunch is correct.”
4) I’d assume it won’t, but we don’t really know what to expect from the Magic Kaito anime yet!
Do you mind if I share my opinion on question 3?
I think Aoyama would make a huge mistake putting the encounter of Masumi in the NY arc. There’s just too much contradicting that:
1) Shinichi has a pretty sharp memory. Though he forgot Eri I seriously doubt he would forget Masumi after a year, even if he only met her shortly. He remembers Makoto from the fake Shinichi Kudo case just fine and that one was one year ago as well. Furthermore, it’s not just Shinichi’s memory that is very unreliable then; Ran’s memory would be pretty bad as well. She already retrieved all memories she had lost from the NY arc, I would find it pretty weird that there was another memory she has to trigger like that for the same trip.
2) If I remember correctly, during the Romance Novelist case, Masumi asked Conan whether he had a crush on a girl he had met in the past and couldn’t forget. To me, it didn’t sound like a recent encounter but more like something in childhood. I think that Shinichi would rather think about his childhood crushes in the form of Conan because that’s just what his body looks like now and is more easily connected to Masumi’s question than any encounter in his teen years.
*massive shrug* This was just a guess on my part. You could be right. We’ll have to wait and see though. Aoyama’s gotta fit the meeting in somewhere and either way it relies on both Shin’ichi and Ran not remembering meeting Sera.
(For other readers this question is not about Anokata so when you see “that person” it’s someone else. :D; )
That person could be the other brother Sera mentioned. I’m not sure what to think about them yet.
As for the other thing you mentioned, that character was only recently even mentioned, so not sure what to expect there either.